Saturday, August 27, 2022

Humanga Danga - Watusi Peak EP

 

Humanga Danga • Watusi Peak EP preview
I'm very excited to get a preview of the new Humanga Danga EP, "Watusi Peak" which is due for a CD and digital release on October 1. The six songs show a great breadth of songwriting, from exotica to spy, racetrack bombers to slow moody pieces, and all out party rockers. Every song is given individual production touches, so the EP comes off as a confident sampler of styles. The consistent factors are the great guitar tones, warm, roomy drum sounds, precise playing and great songwriting. The songs are original, without referencing the classics, and mostly mid-tempo, avoiding SBS (Staccato Blitz Syndrome). I'll have a lot more to say about this terrific EP in my full review for the next Continental magazine.

Bandcamp

Facebook

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ivan liked this, so you liked this. The nepotism among the pulp fiction surfers really needs to stp.

Frankie D. said...

First I've heard of it. The band contacted me and asked me to write a few words. They probably asked Ivan to do the same. This happens all the time. In this case, I liked the record and wrote about it.